The 20 programs of St. John’s Food for the Poor Program assist low income families, seniors, the homeless, and other needy people. We feature a not-so-typical soup kitchen in the St. Francis Xavier Center that serves from 450 to 700 hot nutritious meals a day, five days a week, fifty-two weeks a year including holidays, and regardless of rain or snow, from 7:00 to 11:00 AM.
The food pantry provides over 4,800 to-go meals each year in addition to small food boxes as part of our mobile outreach.
We bring together all available resources for the benefit of the hungry in the Worcester area for the humanitarian needs of our community. Our Center sponsors on-site programs that help individuals and families including a free medical service clinic, a job matching service, and food assistance services for the homeless. These programs have had a major positive impact on our needy and our community.
- Free Birthday Cakes and Ice Cream
- Free Pet Food
- Toiletries for the Poor and Homeless
- Mobile Food Pantry
- Network Programs
- Veteran's Link-Up
- Annual Winter Boots and Coats Distribution
- Thanksgiving Dinner and Food Baskets for the Needy
- Thanksgiving Dinner at St. Francis Xavier Center
- Special Christmas Turkey Dinner and Food Basket
- Christmas Dinner at St. Francis Xavier Center
- Annual Christmas Toys Distribution